As an integral part of the fabric of Jewish Los Angeles, Hillside Memorial Park and Mortuary has been dedicated to serving the Southern California Jewish Community for over 75 years.
- Providing specialized educational programs about Jewish rituals of death and mourning for rabbinical students, religious school students and adults.
- Maintaining a community Genizah, a burial site for retired Torah scrolls and worn prayer books.
- Participating in our on-going Chesed Project to collect food, eyeglasses and hearing aids.
- Offering complimentary items to aid in the memorialization of family members and others we have lost. The items offered include Yahrzeit candles, 20-year Yahrzeit calendars, Yom HaShoah candles and copies of various books about Jewish mourning traditions, grieving and other related subjects.
- Offering complimentary Jewish calendars to individuals and organizations throughout the community and the country.
- Providing scholarships to mortuary college students.
- Grants to community organizations providing social services for seniors, children, veterans, families and the hungry; programs for vocational and job search support and financial assistance; resettlement services for Jewish immigrants; local museums, hospitals, schools, universities and libraries; and programs to enhance Jewish life in Los Angeles.