Careers at Hillside
Established in the 1940’s, Hillside Memorial Park and Mortuary continues to be one of the most respected organizations in the community. This nationally renowned Jewish memorial park, boasts a pristine setting that, together with its professional environment, offers the ideal conditions for a unique, challenging and rewarding career.
Hillside Memorial Park and Mortuary is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, a 403(b) retirement plan as well as paid vacation and company holidays. The right candidate will follow and remain consistent with our culture, traditions and core values while addressing the needs of the families we serve with compassion and empathy.
Interested in a position? Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Service Concierge
Hillside Memorial Park and Mortuary is currently seeking an Family Service Concierge. This position is responsible for greeting visitors, directing traffic and parking and providing outstanding customer service while maintaining the confidentiality of Hillside and the families Hillside serves. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Interacts professionally and proactively with families, visitors and Hillside departments. This includes maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
· Provides flyers regarding Hillside special events to visitors as they enter the park.
· Greet visitors immediately upon their arrival and provide them with exceptional customer service
· Works closely with other Hillside staff and external resources such as rabbis, florists and the press to ensure services run smoothly
· Assists visitors in finding locations. Provides occasional and private impromptu tours of the park
· Directs and maintains organized parking for all incoming vehicles including parking for funerals, visitors, customer inquiries, vendors, celebrity funerals, and the press/media. Also manages parking for special Hillside events
· Ensures the Information Booth is kept in a neat and organized manner
· Monitors the security monitors and alerts management of all potential security issues
· Protects the privacy of guest lists for celebrity and private services
· Other duties as assigned
· Must be people-oriented with a positive and professional demeanor.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Professional attitude and demeanor with excellent customer service skills.
· Strong ability to exercise sound judgment.
· Strong ability to evaluate and appropriately address privacy and confidentiality.
· Demonstrated ability to follow directions, plan, organize, and prioritize multiple tasks to ensure timely completion of all projects.
· Demonstrated ability to act with a high degree of initiative.
· Strong problem-solving skills.
· Strong accuracy and attention to detail skills.
· Ability to work in a solitary environment for long periods of time.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a clean DMV record.
· Must pass a company physical and drug test post offer.
This is a full-time position that requires regular attendance. The hours for this position are 8:30-5:00. This position is off on Saturdays and one other day during the week that is mutually agreed upon by the manager and employee. Sundays are required. Due to the essential functions of this position, it cannot be performed at home or remotely.
All positions require the following unless stated differently in the above descriptions:
- Must pass physical and drug test post offer
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must pass background check
- Position requires regular attendance and cannot be performed from home
Hillside Memorial Park and Mortuary is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, a 403(b) retirement plan as well as paid vacation and company holidays.
Hillside Memorial Park and Mortuary has been serving the Jewish community for more than 75 years providing a means to honor and remember loved ones in beauty, tranquility and the comfort of Jewish traditions. The right candidate will follow and remain consistent with our culture, traditions and core values while addressing the needs of the families we serve with compassion and empathy. Interested in a position? Please send resumes to email@example.com