Careers at Hillside
Established in the 1940’s, Hillside Memorial Park and Mortuary continues to be one of the most respected organizations in the community. This nationally renowned Jewish memorial park boasts a pristine setting that, together with its professional environment, offers the ideal conditions for a unique, challenging, and rewarding career.
Hillside Memorial Park and Mortuary is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, medical, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, a 403(b) retirement plan as well as paid vacation and company holidays for our full-time employees. The right candidate will follow and remain consistent with our culture, traditions, and core values while addressing the needs of the families we serve with compassion and empathy.
Interested in a position? Please send resumes to email@example.com
Hillside Memorial Park and Mortuary have been serving the Jewish community for 80 years. Hillside provides a means to honor and remember loved ones in beauty, tranquility, and the comfort of Jewish traditions.
Hillside Memorial Park and Mortuary is an equal opportunity employer.
Field Crew Associate
Hillside Memorial Park and Mortuary is currently seeking a highly motivated Field Crew Associate to join our team in Los Angeles, California.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Set-up and closing of graves and wall crypt sites.
- Assist visitors in the park with trimming and cleaning of burial site markers.
- Install markers on ground and walls and marker rubbings.
- Assist rabbis and funeral directors at services.
- Additional responsibilities include washing down sidewalks and wall crypts, sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning of flower stations, cobweb removal, cleaning sarcophagus, and picking up debris from various areas of the park.
- Other duties may include but are not limited to picking up parts and materials as needed from outside vendors and stores and interacting with families and guests to Hillside.
- Backhoe and tractor operation experience preferred but not required
- Experience with hand-held power tools and light equipment and two-way radios preferred
- A minimum of one year relevant experience preferred
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a clean DMV record
- Strong ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail skills
- Positive and professional attitude and demeanor
- Must pass a basic physical and drug test post offer
- Must pass a lifting test of 100 lbs. and be able to push and pull 100 lbs.
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time and access all areas of the park
- Must be able to stoop and bend and stand on scaffolding or climb ladders up to 25 feet
This position must be able to work Sundays with a rotating schedule and be able to work outside in all types of weather.
Hillside Memorial Park and Mortuary has been serving the Jewish community for more than 80 years. Hillside provides a means to honor and remember loved ones in beauty, tranquility, and the comfort of Jewish traditions.
Hillside Memorial Park and Mortuary is an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As an equal opportunity employer, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.