To Our Valued Hillside Families, Guests and Visitors:
As we continue to follow the developments around the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety of our families, staff, and visitors is of the upmost importance. Over the past months we have made several adjustments to our operation in order to comply with recommendations and mandates from a number of local and state agencies. In accordance with a recent order issues by the Los Angeles Department of Public Health and the California Department of Public Health, Hillside Memorial Park is implementing the following recommendations:
- Beginning Sunday May 17th, Hillside Memorial Park will resume offering our families the option to hold services in our Chapels. For the health and safety of families, guests and our employees, Chapel services are limited to 10 members of one household, (members who live together at the same physical address).
- Hillside is offering Complimentary Live Stream Services for all Chapel Services.
- Graveside services continue to be limited to only members of one household of up to (10) people (members who live together at the same physical address).
- Increasing our scheduling to 4 Funeral Services each day, Sunday through Friday.
- It is required that all members of the public wear a face covering when leaving their house for essential activities. For additional information on this recommendation please see the California Department of Public Health’s public guidance on the use of face coverings.
In addition to the aforementioned information, we continue to uphold the following measures previously put into place:
- Limiting the number of Funeral Services to 4 per day, Sunday through Friday
- For the health and safety of your family and our employees, services are limited to a group of 10 people from the same household, along with clergy and staff
- Chairs for services will be placed 6 feet apart
- Hillside staff will act as Casket Bearers
- The casket will be placed first, with the service to follow
- Shovels will not be used at this time
- Administration Lobby hours from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Maintaining our visiting hours from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Please continue to support family members, friends, and loved ones by sharing a personal message on the Guestbook of your loved one’s Obituary.
Additionally, Hillside has previously implemented the following steps to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus and other infectious diseases:
- Expanded our janitorial services to provide more frequent cleaning of public areas.
- All Hillside restrooms continue to be stocked with sanitizing products including soap and paper towels.
- Hillside’s HVAC system utilizes high-grade filters that run throughout the day in our buildings, and chapels, in our efforts to reduce the number of contaminants and viruses floating through these areas.
- We are practicing and encouraging social distancing.
- Family Service Counselors and Family Service Advisors have been asked to conduct as much of their arrangements with families over the phone.
- We are greatly reducing in-person meetings that involve non-essential business visitors and utilizing virtual meeting tools when appropriate.
- Hillside continues to enforce our “If you are sick, stay home” policy.
- Employees are asked to inform Human Resources if they are planning or have traveled to countries considered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to be high-risk areas for exposure to the coronavirus.
- Deploy contingency plans in order to process filings of permits in response to the closure of in-person health department filings.
- Working with our staff in order to accommodate any appropriate mandates and recommendations set forth by governing agencies.
We urge our staff, families, and visitors that while currently, we remain open for services and visitation, please continue to exercise personal sanitary and hygiene recommendations:
- Wash your hands often and for at least 20 seconds using soap and water or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cough or sneeze into your flexed elbow or tissue and wash your hands immediately after.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Practice social distancing and maintain a personal distance of at least 3’.
- If you are feeling sick, please stay home.
Hillside’s commitment to our employees and you, our families, is of the highest priority. This is a commitment that we do not take lightly and is backed by our diligence in continuing to provide a safe and comfortable space for you to visit and honor your loved ones. If you have any questions, we welcome your call at (800) 576-1994 or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
May you and your families be safe, healthy and calm, and know Hillside Memorial Park and Mortuary is here to support and serve you during this unprecedented time.
Hillside Memorial Park and Mortuary